OK, yacht rock fans, break out the captain’s hats, because it’s time for the annual soiree steered not by Julie Your Cruise Director, but Atlanta’s Yacht Rock Revue.
For this year’s gathering of all things lite-rock, the band has recruited another stellar lineup of musical smoothies, including Juice Newton, Ambrosia, Stephen Bishop, Peter Beckett and Ronn Moss of Player, Robbie Dupree, Matthew Wilder and a farewell performance by Atlanta’s Starbuck.
C’mon, how awesome will it be to hear “Moonlight, Feels Right” live?
The Yacht Rock Revival takes place at 5:30 p.m. Saturday (show starts at 7 p.m.) at Piedmont Park.
Thanks to our Yacht Rock Revue friends, I have a pair of general admission tickets to give away.
- You must be 21 or older.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 17.
- Please put “Yacht Rock tickets” in the subject line. If you put anything other than “Yacht Rock tickets” in the subject line, your subject line will be ignored. Feel free to tell me about your favorite yacht rock artist and/or song.
- Please, only one entry per email address. Also, please do not enter if you cannot attend.
- Make sure to include your full name (the kind folks at Park Tavern will need it for ticketing purposes).
- I will randomly select a winner and contact that person directly. The winning name will be added to the top of this blog post.
- If you’d like to purchase tickets to the Revival, they are $40 each and available via pleaserock.com.
- Good luck and lite-rock on!